Sendy.co is a great email marketing system that is much more affordable than MailChimp or the like. Literally, 100 times cheaper! And because it supports Amazon SES, Sendy has high deliverability rates. Sendy can also integrate with any SMTP relay service such as Mandrill, SendGrid, Sparkpost, Elasticemail, MailGun, MailJet, and more. Sendy Multilist lets you use Sendy.co on your WordPress website – even if you have multiple lists!
There are some WordPress plugins that offer simple Subscriber widgets. Some manage lists directly within WordPress while other plugins interface with MailChimp or a similar email service provider. But most of those WordPress plugins only give the reader one list to subscribe to.
Sendy Multilist WordPress Plugin
Introducing the Sendy Multilist plugin for WordPress! Sendy Multilist offers a widget which allows subscribers to be added to 1, or multiple, lists at once.
Sendy Multilist uses post notifications, in WordPress, to send your Sendy email marketing campaigns. It’s relatively easy to install this plugin and set things up – and setup only has to be done once.
Where to Get the Sendy Multilist WordPress Plugin
You can download Sendy Multilist, for free, from the WordPress plugin directory by visiting the Sendy Multilist plugin page on WordPress.org. You can also search for the plugin directly from your WordPress website, in the “Add New” plugin page.
How to Use Sendy Multilist
- Navigate to “Sendy Email Templates”, then “Add New”, to create a Sendy campaign template associated with a post type – Subscribers to this campaign will receive the campaign emails when a new post of that post type is published.
- Navigate to “Appearance”, then “Widgets”, and add a “Sendy Multilist” widget to your WordPress website – this is the subscribe form for the Sendy campaigns you created in the previous step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this plugin include Sendy?
No. Sendy is a separate product created by Sendy.co. You have 2 options:
- Purchase your own license for the self-hosted installation of Sendy.co and set it up yourself.
- Subscribe to our very own Managed Subscribers service, here at WP Like a Pro, and we’ve already handled all the hosting and configuration for you.
Where do I Find API Key?
Login to your Sendy account and click your account name (in the top right corner), then click “Settings”. Your API Key will be on the right-hand side of your Settings page. Copy that key and paste it into the “Sendy API Key” field, in your “Sendy Multilist” Widget.
Where do I find my List ID?
- Login to your Sendy account and click “View All Lists” in the gray box located on the left. (If you have multiple “Brands” in your Sendy account, you must select a brand first).
- When viewing the “Subscriber Lists” page, in Sendy, the “ID” Column contains the list IDs. Hover over the ID for the list you want to add to WordPress to select it, then use your keyboard to copy that value (Control + C on Windows, Command + C on Mac). Paste that value into the “List ID” field in your Sendy Campaign Template, in WordPress.
What if I’m stuck?
On any page of your WordPress admin that contains Sendy multilist features, you will see a chat box in the bottom right that says “Sendy Multilist Support”. Click that box to expand the chat and tell us what you need help with.
Sendy.co is a great email marketing tool because it works so well and is super inexpensive. While it is still a young software package that can benefit from some improvements, it is a great alternative to some of the other, more expensive, email marketing tools out there.
What email marketing tool do you use to manage your subscribers? What are its strengths or weaknesses?